Wednesday, January 21, 2009

SPRING FEVER

Spring Fever, Boy do I have it!!!!! It was 13 degrees when I woke up this morning and I'm ready for warmer weather!!!
I have been planning what's going into the garden this year and dreaming about the flower beds!
We plan to put an electric fence around the vegetable garden as the deer were horrible this past year. My Son was able to shoot 3 during hunting season, but yesterday there was 7 deer standing out in my garden area. It will be a challenge to keep them out this spring!
I started some seeds last week on my kitchen counter in front of the window, using the Burpee Seed starter kit. They are already up and are about 2 inches tall. I planted Cilantro, Basil, Lettuce, Tomato's, and Morning Glory Flower seeds.
I love Perennial flowers!
Every year I try to add some new plants. We live in the middle of a woods, but where our house sets was a natural clearing that was a little meadow. There are flower beds all around our house and across the whole back yard are Peonies and loads of day lily's, looking out across the clearing and horse pastures at the mountains.
I have a rock wall that is viewed from my kitchen window, I have planted succulents on top and around the rocks. At the very back are Hydrangea shrubs and then there is a border of Day Lily's. There are Bleeding Hearts, Tulips, Daffodils, Butterfly bushes and small Cottage Roses and Peonies. At the base of this wall I planted Lily of the Valley and Coralbells and Sedum. The base of the wall I call My Moms garden, as after she passed away, I moved plants from her flower beds in Ohio to our home here in Georgia. It is a beautiful garden in the spring and I will be sure to post pictures when it all starts blooming!
Spring is my favorite time of the year!
Well enough of my rambling on about spring and flowers! I hope you all have had a great day and are happy and healthy!

5 comments:

Dawnie said...

I think we hit about 18 or so today..but it felt warm after what we've been thru. I got my first Michigan Bulb Catalog couple weeks ago and will be ordering some goodies from them. I'm getting excited..February to me is the month we can really get serious about what to plant--new goodies for the yard..

Chef E said...

I love your new bee buzz buzz blog page...spring awaits, we just have to appreciate...and survive the cold! But I feel your 'fever'...

Isabel said...

Hi, i cant imagine it being that cold it was around 75 degrees today.

Geri said...

I love spring too. I'm ready for it. It seems like it's been cold too long, and I'm in California. I think it's just because I'm getting old!

Bo said...

Good morning...so nice to meet you...thanks for visiting my blog. It sounds as if you'll have a magnificent garden this spring...You have a cute blog background!
Have a great day.. ;-) Bo